Thursday 13 December 2012

Planning Begins - Picking the Wedding Date


Being pregnant under pressure is no fun. We have to sort everything out under a short time frame and at the same time observe and obey the pregnancy dos and don’ts.

The main concern in any Chinese wedding is the date and that was the first thing we tackled. Being a pure blood Chinese, his mom consulted the book of Good Dates for the Year of Snake. That book determines our destiny *roll eyes*. 2nd March 2013 seems to be the best date to hold the Chinese tea ceremony and it didn’t clash any of our family members’ zodiac. Not a metaphysic graduates so I can’t explain the logic behind it. But it sounds good as we have three solid months to plan and I should still be able to conceal the baby bump

I did consider dealing with the pregnancy first before the wedding but there are a lot of unforeseen circumstances. Firstly, I will be too busy breast feeding and caring for a newborn than to plan for a wedding. Besides, we won’t have enough budget to hire a wedding planner and I still want to get my hands planning for MY wedding.

Then, I'm not sure if I could recover my figure on time for the wedding. Many bridal shop in Malaysia don't have many plus size bridal gowns. Unless I opt for custom made bridal gown which easily cost up to RM800 per piece or RM2500 or more for a more elaborated one.

So wedding first, baby later.

No comments:

Post a Comment