Saturday 1 December 2012

Pregnant Bride


The positive pregnancy result was a nightmare itself. Not that I was not happy but it came unplanned. I remember my hands were shaking holding the pregnancy kit and I took a while to regain myself. I had to call him since he was 327km. He was ECSTATIC! You can hear his joy vibrating through his voice but that didn’t lift up my spirit. There were too many things to think about now.

I couldn’t sleep that night and consulted ol’ mighty Google who then directed me to Baby Center (http://www.babycenter.com/pregnancy-due-date-calculator). Baby Center did her calculation and my pregnancy was about 5 weeks. Then I tried to recall what I did. I ran two marathons, I took two long road journeys and I had couple of drinks and the baby stayed on.

I whatsapped two of my closest friends - Phil and Mel. Both advised the same and were supportive. Phil, a shotgun marriage case, highlighted the do and don’ts and he was very against abortion if I'm considering it. Mel being Mel, she knew my mind wasn’t set.

The next morning, I took a bus to where he was working for the weekend. It was the most horrible 5 hours bus ride ever. The signs and symptoms of pregnancy which I never experienced before set in that very morning. From nausea, feeling lethargic to wanting to kill the bus driver for the bumpy ride. Strange to have all these after I know that I’m pregnant. Maybe I had these before but my mind was blocking them off.  

So we met at the bus station. He was still overwhelmed with happiness. We mildly discussed about our future and the following steps to be taken. We agreed to keep the pregnancy news to ourselves and will have our year end wedding brought forward.

So, we have a short time frame to plan for a wedding before I look like a beached whale in white. Whether we will successfully hold our dream wedding or not – I don’t know.

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog thanks for sharing. For more information calculate pregnancy weeks online easily. This calculator will help you to know about your pregnancy due date, if you are planning to get pregnant.

    ReplyDelete